Schools of Choice
The Collaborative Schools of Choice Program is a plan that offers parents and students a choice to attend other public schools in the Muskegon Area Intermediate School District outside their district of residence.
School of Choice information for the 2017-2018 school year:
Students Living in Muskegon County (MAISD Collaborative Schools of Choice Program)
- The 2017-2018 deadline for the MAISD Collaborative Schools of Choice plan for students residing in Muskegon County has passed,
There may be limited openings available via a release from your resident district. The process for enrolling via a release is:
- Contact the Principal of the building you wish to enroll your child, and the Principal will let you know if space is available.
- If space is available, contact your resident district for a release.
- Once the release has been received by Montague Area Public Schools, the Principal will check on your student's discipline history, and will let you know if we are able to accept your child.
Students Living Outside of Muskegon County (Schools of Choice 105c)
- Students living outside of Muskegon County have until Friday, September 8, 2017 to complete a Schools of Choice application.
- Please call Stacey Brown at 231-893-1515 or email email@example.com to request an application.
Transportation is not provided for students residing outside of the Montague Area Public School District. Parents are expected to transport students to and from school on-time. If you would like to inquire about the Montague Area Public School District bus stop closest to your house, contact the bus garage at 231-893-1535.
For more information, you may call Stacey Brown at 231-893-1515.