Schools of Choice
The Collaborative Schools of Choice Program is a plan that offers parents and students a choice to attend other public schools in the Muskegon Area Intermediate School District outside their district of residence.
School of Choice information for the 2016-2017 school year:
Students Living in Muskegon County (MAISD Collaborative Schools of Choice Program)
- The 2016-2017 deadline for the MAISD Collaborative Schools of Choice plan for students residing in Muskegon County has passed.
There may be limited openings available via a release from your resident district. The process for enrolling via a release is:
- Contact the Principal of the building you wish to enroll your child, and the Principal will let you know if space is available.
- If space is available, contact your resident district for a release.
- Once the release has been received by MAPS, the Principal will check on your student's discipline history, and will let you know if we are able to accept your child.
Students Living Outside of Muskegon County (Schools of Choice 105c)
- Students living outside of Muskegon County have until Friday, September 9th to request and return a Schools of Choice application to the Central Office.
For more information, you may call Stacey Brown at 231-893-1515, ext. 4505.